So today I went for my second Hooks and Needles meeting at the local library. Wasn't sure I'd enjoy it as much as I am, but I'm showing up when they start and finding that I'm staying till the end and wishing it was longer.
I spend the time crocheting, weaving in tails, looking over patterns, and doing a lot of listening and talking. The ladies there either knit or crochet or can do both. They are of varying ages and walks of life. But one thing we all have in common is our love for yarn and making beautiful things out of it.
I showed off my Michael Jackson piece today and the ladies were in awe. It's so reassuring when people tell you how talented you are, how amazing your work is, or even more so when they are speechless. I'm only 26 now, and yet I find that some of my work can rival an older person who's been doing it all their life. I really do love what I do.
I still have a lot to learn. I don't think I'll ever know it all. But I will always do my best to try to make the best items I can by repeatedly knotting the yarn. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment