Saturday, January 12, 2013

Gangnam Style

Who would have thought such a weird song initially would turn out to be such an ear worm.

My shy 8 year old son who wouldn't dance in front of anyone or let anyone catch him has now turned into a little party animal.

After spending most of the day with him today at a knit/crochet club at our local library and then going to Walmart so he could buy his own knitting needles and yarn, we then returned home where he knit a little on a scarf he says he's making for our pup, Abbey. It's not perfect, but it's great for him. I'm proud of him. We listened to some Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, and Prince. We have since moved on to some more recent music. Including Flo Rida's "Whistle" and Psy's "Gangnam Style".

He's been a little dance worm :) Been kinda nice. It appears he likes something techno.

Now this is huge. He has a form of Autism called Aspberger's. He's shy, and a little awkward. But he is finding things he is interested in, which is real nice! Nice, as a mom, to see my son actually enjoying life some instead of seemingly being so miserable. I'm so excited for him. This is great!

So thank you Psy and Gangnam Style (the song) for opening a door for my son, that I wasn't sure I'd ever see open for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment