This is my first attempt to write any sort of blog, attempting to resemble something that is humorous and insightful.
I can start off by giving you a slight background of myself before continuing on to fill you in on the life of a crocheter.
As of Jan 5, 2013 I have been crocheting 18 years. I started when I was 8 years old mirroring my mother's motions (she crocheted left-handed and I am right-handed). I learned more intricate stitch-work from my next door neighbor. And have since learned everything else I know from intensive pattern reading, magazines, articles, Google, YouTube, and Facebook.
I occasionally find humor in my craft, but often find I can't remember it 5 minutes later. Insane, I know.
Let me clear up one thing. There IS a difference between knit and crochet. Know that if you refer to what either is doing as the opposite, it is viewed as something of an insult. Although the comment was not intentionally insulting, that was the end result. Most of us has spent MANY years perfecting our craft and are insulted that you cannot differentiate. This is not us deliberately being upset with you, just a minor grievance.
One of my many pet peeves? Working a pattern/project till it's about half-way done and then noticing there is either an error from myself or from the pattern writer. And that after countless hours on the project, I now have two options: 1) continue on, hoping no one will notice (but who am I kidding? I will forever know!!) or 2) RIP IT OUT and start over (after spending at least 15 minutes swearing profusely either internally or externally, crying for at least 5 minutes, and then swearing off doing anything for a while). Option 2 is generally what happens for me. It never gets easier.
Now tomorrow, my online classes open, again. This means that not only will I be attending college online, but I will be a momma, a wife, a student, a business owner (I say this lightly), and myself. Now it seems that being all of the above is easier than the last one, being myself. When I say being myself, I mean finding time for ME. Like a nice warm bubble bath and a good book, or going out with friends (of which really are limited, being a crocheter, time is not something I come by easily to afford with other people).
Speaking of time, do you know where I can purchase more? I have about 60 books I want to read badly. I also have about 10 orders for work I want to finish. I'll need to find time to do my school work. Oh, yeah, and there is laundry, cleaning, feeding pets, running errands, spending time with family.... I really need to find out where I can purchase more of this illusive, time.... Let me know. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment